We are looking for a passionate, customer oriented administrator to work closely with our IT team and maintain our company's networked systems. The system administrator's responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues, as well as ensuring that all computing operations run with optimal performance and security.
To be successful as a system administrator, you should have an excellent ability to solve problems using your in-depth understanding of information systems and computing solutions. The best system administrator will also be a team player, willing to handle all support requests with courtesy and professionalism.
- Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Relevant degree or diploma in Information systems or information technology.
- Past experience administering server-side technology and networked computing systems.
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
- Microsoft MCSE certification or similar.
Averro is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal obligations. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.